Skip to main content

Heel!

I've discovered my one word: Heel.

That was more difficult than I thought it would be. I considered several other words, and almost picked one or two of them, even feeling that they weren't quite right. Here's what I posted on My One Word:

Heel! This command tells the dog to get in the right place. It's a place of obedience, discipline, following, and servitude. It's not pulling the leash trying to get out in front and it's not lagging behind, refusing to be pulled along. I find myself needing to get back into my proper place - alongside Jesus, being humble, trusting, obedient, disciplined, and serving. "You have been told, o man, what is good, and what the Lord requires of you: Only to do the right and to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6:8)

I'm not comparing myself to a dog in any derogatory way, just using the analogy. I think it's a good one. And it feels right.

In other news, I'm off to CYO Convention in just a few hours. If you're reading this, say a prayer for me around lunchtime tomorrow. I'm speaking right after lunch. I'm really excited about the opportunity. Everything has really been coming together - I've even written 4 new songs just in preparing the talk! Not enough for a CD, but it might be a start. I'm hoping to record some rough tracks soon (look for some mp3s).

Comments